Your 7 Main Chakras
The seven chakras are energy centers within the body that help to regulate all its processes, from organ function to the immune system and emotions. They are positioned throughout your body, from the base of your spine to the crown of your head. Each chakra is thought to resemble a colored wheel that spins in a clockwise direction, and the chakras are thought to each spin at a different rate or frequency. When one of the chakras is blocked, energy cannot flow and it begins to spin too slowly or too fast. When a chakra is not balanced, it can effect us physically resulting in pain, illness or disease and also affect our mind, body, soul, and spirit.
~ Root (Red)- Belonging, safety, support, survival, basic needs, trust, connection to the earth. It is located at the base of your spine. Blocks in the root chakra make us insecure, scared, anxious, excessive negativity, eating disorders may arise. Essential oils: Patchouli, Rosewood, Ylang Ylang, Thyme, Frankincense.
Affirmation: "I am protected and secure."
~ Sacral (Orange)- Feelings, relationships, pleasure, creativity, sexuality. It is located between the base of your spine and your navel. Associated with the water element, it’s characterized by movement and flow in our emotions, thoughts and the ability to “feel” the world around and in us. If the sacral chakra is blocked, we feel guilty, numb, lack emotions and sexual satisfaction. Essential oils: Ginger, Jasmine, Rose, Sandalwood, Clary Sage.
Affirmation: "I am beautiful and strong and enjoy a healthy and passionate life."
~ Solar Plexus (Yellow)- Personal power, confidence, self control and discipline, vitality, purpose, direction, decision making. It is located a few inches above the navel. If blocked we feel helpless, insecure, frustrated, lack of direction, ambition or purpose, afraid of being rejected. Essential oils: Lemon, Grapefruit, Vetiver, Cedarwood.
Affirmation: "I am positively empowered and successful in all I do."
~ Heart (Green)- Love, compassion for self and others, forgiveness, empathy, transformation and change, deep connection. It is located within your heart. If there’s a blockage you may experience difficulties in your relating with others, such as excessive jealousy, isolation, being antisocial or withdrawn, holding grudges, not being able to forgive, codependency, being closed down, overly defensive. Essential oils: Bergamot, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Jasmine.
Affirmation: "I give and receive love effortlessly and unconditionally."
~ Throat (Blue)- Communication, truth, expression, authenticity, independence. It is located within the throat. A blocked throat chakra is usually associated with self-expression problems, not listening to others, deception or telling lies, manipulative or mean communication. Essential oils: Peppermint, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Cypress.
Affirmation: "I always express myself clearly and truthfully."
~ Third Eye (Indigo)- Intuition, psychic abilities, awareness, imagination, intelligence. It is located at the centre of your forehead at eye level or slightly above. Blocked, you may have trouble concentrating, lack of clarity, remembering things, suffer from nightmares or feel stuck. Essential oils: Lemon, Thyme, Clary Sage, Pine, Rosemary.
Affirmation: "I am wise, intuitive, and connected with my inner guide."
~ Crown (Purple)- Connection with higher self, spirit, source, universe, God or divine wisdom, bliss. It is located at the top of your head. If your crown chakra is blocked, you may feel indecisive; close-minded, worry that your life is meaningless, being disconnected to spirit, constant cynicism regarding what is important and sacred and suffer from depression. Also, this chakra is negatively affected when we get too attached to material things and lose the ability to let go. Essential oils: Frankincense, Neroli, Rose.
Affirmation: "I am complete. I am limitless."
There are a number of practices aiming at restoring the balance of the chakra system:
- Craniosacral therapy
- Essential oils
- Breathing techniques
Try These Techniques For Balancing And Recharging Your Chakras from @howtohealyourlife.com
1. Your first chakra is all about grounding, so take a barefoot walk in the grass or on a beach to reconnect to Mother Earth.
2. Your second chakra governs how you experience pleasure, and a common issue for this chakra is shame. Water is cleansing and healing for this chakra, so immerse yourself in water for twenty minutes—in the ocean or a clearing bath with sea salt and baking soda.
3. The third chakra is where your will and self-esteem resides, and physical movement, especially outside in the early morning sun or in the evening before sunset, really recharges this chakra.
4. Your fourth chakra is the heart chakra, and when it’s open, you can give and receive love easily and in a healthy way. Practicing love with a pet who loves unconditionally is a great way to heal your heart and become open to trusting love again.
5. The fifth chakra is about speaking your truth, choosing to express the real you. Journaling with total honesty can clear and charge this chakra—and help process old traumas. Journaling is a major part of energy medicine and is incredibly freeing!
6. Your sixth chakra, the “third eye,” is where your higher intellect and clarity of vision reside. Daily meditation—another essential part of energy healing—helps to awaken this chakra so you can increase your intuition and inner wisdom.
7. An open seventh chakra can be attained through meditation and prayer since the crown chakra is what connects you to spirit. Here you can ask your higher self for guidance.
How To Use Essential Oils for Chakra Balancing
The simplest and most direct way is to rub a drop or two, blended with a carrier oil like almond, grapseed, avocado, onto the skin above the Chakra you wish to treat. You can also treat your environment, by using an oil diffuser.